About Me

My photo
Born in Canada, love that land, and landed in the USA as a young bride. Turned gypsy for a time travelling this land in our hippie mobile VW van, young and free. Soon mother to be , until seven children later and six grandchildren here I be, blessed by them all.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Relationship Reflection


     When I reflect on my current relationships I realize that my first positive  relationships as a child have enabled me to create all of my future relationships. Due to fact that I was very sheltered and nieve  with a huge loving and forgiving heart I allowed others to come into my life who were often cruel and I would forgive them until I had finally had enough abuse and chose myself and my children over them.This is  where I see that nature our nurture has strong bonds. I was adopted as an infant at only a few weeks old to the most stable, loving and supportive parents , however my adult relationships have taken me on a roller coaster ride similar to that of my birth mother, who I only met as an adult.We both ended up birthing seven children and had multiple abusive relationships.Is it in the genes? I believe a great deal of it is .
        I now have seven children who I adore ranging in age from 36 to 16, and six amazing grandchildren ranging in age form 10 to 2 years old. They are my strength and my reason for living, they also have become my best friends.



                       Photographic Journey With my Family; Children, Grandchildren and our  Husbands


                                                        My Oldest Daughter and grandaughter
                                                             My Oldest Grandson
                                                                         My Family
                                                           My oldest granddaughter
                                                     My third daughter and her partner
                                                      My second daughter on her wedding day
                                                          My first child with his wife
                                                                 My daughter and granddaughter
                                                                   Daughter and grandson
                                                          My fourth daughter
                                                          Me and my two last teenagers
                                     Beautiful couple , my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter
                               Happy wedding day; my Husband, my son, and my two son-in-laws
                                                           My son and daughter-in-law
                                                                    My second grandson

Me and my granddaughter and new grandson 
  
                                           My husband and son and me at his high-school grad
My son and daughter
Me and three of my grandchildren
Me and my hubby long ago 
My son and I
                                                                Grandson , 6months old
                                                              Grandson 9 months old
                                                                        My husband
                                 My two year old  grandson drumming with the big men at the African dance class
                                                              Grandpa and grandson shopping
                                                       Our son playing football in College
Lovely family, my daughter and partner and grandson Trey
Through my journey of strong love and support as a child I am able to give this to others. Through my journey of motherhood I am able to understand child development and relate to parents and their journey through childbirth and child rearing. Through my own journey I have compassion for families who are struggling through poverty and abuse and addiction. Through my journey I know the benefits of loving and nurturing relationships, and I in turn am now responsible to provide that for my children, grandchildren,my   partner as well as all of my associates. It's a big job but love is the greatest blessing and love is what we all need.

8 comments:

  1. This post is so beautiful. You have such a spiritual aspect surrounding your family, it's breath taking. I believe that all relationships are work and they are tough. You are one of the few that actually see this to the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words gave me such strength that they actually made me cry, thank you

      Delete
  2. Hi Elizabeth
    What a story of love, commitment and dedication you have to share. I think when one has to fight for something it is that much more valuable and enables one to be more understanding and supportive of others. Thank you for sharing your story so honestly. I think you have an enormous heart and capacity for love. Treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you support and most of all your love

      Delete
  3. You have such a beautiful family and this was such a thoughtful post! Relationships are always going to be work and if both people are doing equal work, then I think the relationship will work out and last. You are so lucky to have so many family members around you. Thank you for sharing your story. You have made my day brighter because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly a wonderful post.I guess experiences in the relationship we are involved in tend to influence how we choose to relate with new relationships each day.You are filled with so much experiences that I feel would make you appreciate people better no matter their differences.you have such a wonderful spirit

    ReplyDelete